Hello. We’re Youth Talk.
We provide free, confidential psychodynamic counselling for young people age 13-25 in St Albans and surrounding areas.
Since 1997 thousands of young people have trusted us to help them. Young people face unprecedented demands, disruptions and uncertainties and the demand for our free, confidential counselling service has reached unprecedented and worrying new heights. As a result we have launched a new strategy to respond to the significant challenges we are facing.
At the heart of our strategy are four key areas of focus. These are where we will direct our attention and energy and are all designed to ensure that we are able to support significantly more young people over the next five years:
1. GROWING THE SERVICE
- DOUBLE the total number of counselling sessions we offer
- Introduce a group-based counselling provision
- Invest in additional counselling resource & clinical supervisors
2. EXTENDING OUR REACH
- Ensure support for 17-19 year olds during any transition period when moving to University
- Focus on encouraging under-represented groups to access the service
3. PLATFORMS FOR GROWTH
- Ensure we have appropriate provision in IT, clinical systems, supporter database and other necessary infrastructure to support our growth plans
- Invest in fundraising resource in order to significantly grow our income
- Invest in and develop a volunteer programme to support our volunteer-led fundraising
4. NEW PREMISES
- Identify and secure new premises for the charity to support our growth plans and provide facilities to meet the growing demands on the service
Every young person can talk to someone who can help with whatever’s worrying them
To provide the best possible mental health support to young people in St Albans and surrounding areas